• Welcome to Candela's Place.
    You must be 18 years or older to view content or register at Candela’s Place. Please register or log in to view the forums.

Hello from a Relationship Counselor

MiaAntonia

Loving It Here
1 Year Member
Reaction score
I am married with two grown-up children at university. I live in a Middle Eastern country where my husband works. I am a psychologist working part-time at a clinic. While I initially dealt with general psychological issues, with time my efforts focused on sexual issues, juvenile and adult, and relationship problems. During my spare time I help, online, those seeking my advice on various issues, and who are serious in their messages or chats.

Hello I hope that you like it here it can be quite fun

Last edited:
Comment
Welcome to Candela's

Comment
Welcome to the site!

Comment
Welcome to you :)

Comment
A hearty welCUM aboard ! xxx 🤗 (y)

Comment
Welcome and enjoy!

Comment
Welcome!! Your input is going to be something that I (and others for sure) will be looking forward to!! I know that you will also have learning moments as you get involved and read our posts. We are a varied lot, but all with a healthy sexual attitude ... and not afraid to share our thoughts ...

Comment
Welcome to CP! 🤗

Comment
Welcome to CP. Your views on the many subjects that are discussed here will be enlightening 😊

Comment
Welcome! This is a great group of people here.

Comment
Hello and welcome 😀

Comment
Welcome!

Comment
I am married with two grown-up children at university. I live in a Middle Eastern country where my husband works. I am a psychologist working part-time at a clinic. While I initially dealt with general psychological issues, with time my efforts focused on sexual issues, juvenile and adult, and relationship problems. During my spare time I help, online, those seeking my advice on various issues, and who are serious in their messages or chats.
Living in the Middle East, do you encounter sexual issues that deal with religion?

Comment

Living in the Middle East, do you encounter sexual issues that deal with religion?

My father had a copy of the Arabian Nights (unexpurgated, 17 volumes), and my mom used to frown seeing me reading it! While the Arabian Nights was basically anecdotal, a few years later, at university, I read a few documentary books directly related to the sexual practices and behaviour in this part of the world, with a historic perspective (that prevailed for centuries prior to the 19th century). Both women and men were portrayed to be sex loving, sex demanding, and adventurous, which contradicted what we hear/see today of these societies, in public.

Yes, mixing in public, certain communities (not all) in this part of the world, I see very conservative, very traditional individuals, men and women sitting apart, who avoid talking about sex. But in private, they are the opposite, both men and women are laden with sex.

I mainly interact with women as patients, and I have rarely seen one who was not very sexual, in private. My interaction with men, though limited, portrays the same. Their desire for sex consciously surpasses those of Western communities. I stress, I am saying consciously. Subconsciously, they are more or less the same.

2 Comments
T
trentbrown commented
Are you from the Middle East? Does it change the dynamic between you and your patients?

M
MiaAntonia commented
I am not from the Middle East. I am British. The local communities open up more when conversing and interacting with a Westerner.

Back